Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
Perform exterior and interior cleaning and light maintenance duties for residential property and units including cleaning units for new occupancy. Inspect, clean and maintain lawns and property.
1. Perform custodial and grounds work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and recycle bins, cleaning windows, etc., in residential units for turnover and common areas of the property.
2. Perform light repairs, which may include freeing windows, painting exterior and interior areas as needed, replace light bulbs or other minor repair issues as directed.
3. Assist in apartment move-in and move-out inspections and assist the Maintenance Manager or Community Manager in scheduling annual apartment inspections.
4. Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cut-offs, all apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs and post map of same. Operate within OSHA standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
5. Periodically inspect all buildings and common areas, pick up trash, pull weeds, perform janitorial duties and maintenance repair assistance as needed.
6. Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting
in those areas is maintained.
7. Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents, contractors and property management team on all services provided.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Custodial work experience preferred, but not required
High School Diploma preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Willingness to pitch in and work in areas as required
Must be personable and trustworthy, able to work well with residents and co-workers, and perform work in a safety conscious manner.
Requires the ability to read, speak and comprehend work instructions and safety notices in the English language.
Working in this environment may mean exposure to dust, fumes, solvents variable lighting conditions and noise.
Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays if required for emergency, on-call or scheduled shifts.
Salary Range Information
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the targeted base salary for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Rewards & Benefits
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, prescription, etc., generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.
• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.
• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!
Software Powered by iCIMS