Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Resident Engagement Specialist will work under the direction of the Assistant Community Manager. The resident move-in is an important part of the resident experience. The Resident Engagement Specialist will aid the team in providing great customer service throughout the move-in process, to include following up with new residents after the initial move-in. This person will also serve as a liaison between the TMO office and any resident who may experience displacement due to maintenance needs in their home that require them to relocate at any point. This position is to bridge the gap for consistent communication before, during and leading up to the families return. The Resident Engagement Specialist must work closely with the Leasing and Maintenance teams to ensure the highest degree of resident satisfaction and that company objectives are met.
1. Provide excellent customer service at all times.
2. Use various means of communication to interact with prospective and current residents in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Receive and respond to inquiries and concerns from prospective and current residents.
4. Work cross-functionally with other team members to assist with and de-escalate resident issues efficiently through research and communication.
5. Monitor online reviews, communications and ratings and track results. Collaborate with appropriate team members to respond as appropriate. Mediums include, but are not limited to, Google reviews, annual CEL Survey, NPS, Move In, Move Out and Work Order Surveys.
6. Conduct follow-up for all new resident move-Ins, to include a personal phone call, e-mail and/or physical visit following move-in.
7. Assist the COM team and Resident Specialists with inspecting homes prior to new move-ins and while homes are vacant.
8. Maintain accurate records of all resident interactions, details of inquiries, comments, complaints, and actions taken.
9. Create and implement customer service initiatives, strategies, and training to increase and maintain resident satisfaction.
10. Manage, track, and analyze resident satisfaction metrics.
11. Assist the Marketing Specialist with coordinating and planning monthly events to enhance resident satisfaction.
12. Perform additional duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of five years’ experience in the customer service field
2. Property Management experience preferred
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
2. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record - Must be able and eligible to drive a company vehicle.
3. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes and training provided by MMS.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and OneSite/RealPage/Yardi, or equivalent industry related software, as well as, the ability to operate standard office equipment and software such as Gmail.
5. Must be able to pass a drug and background check.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as complete assignments independently
2. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment
3. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
4. Must possess proficient writing skills
5. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful completion
6. Take instructions from supervisor(s)
7. Exercise problem-solving skills
8. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, residents, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner
9. Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and applicable regulations, to include Fair Housing
1. Must be flexible and able to work evenings or weekends if required for emergency situations. Occasional overtime hours may be required.
2. Frequently indoors and outdoors in all conditions
3. Occasional need to operate company provided transportation and/or personal transportation to perform routine job responsibilities
Salary Range Information
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the targeted base salary for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Rewards & Benefits
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, prescription, etc., generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.
• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.
• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!