Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible, under the direction of the Community Manager or Maintenance Manager, for the overall maintenance of one or more sites.
1. Participate in all maintenance projects, including periodically inspecting all units, buildings and common areas; performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed as well as specific maintenance as detailed below.
2. Schedule work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
3. Coordinate maintenance related contractor activities, may negotiate contracts and scope of work.
4. Be responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials, as well as the training of maintenance technicians and coworkers.
5. Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders, and have full knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers, their services and goods.
6. Assist the Community Manager or Maintenance Manager in scheduling annual apartment inspections and during apartment move-in and move-out inspections.
7. Responsible for performing detail maintenance procedures including, but not limited to those listed below:
a. Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
b. Perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
c. Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks.
d. Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors.
e. Painting, to include interior and exterior.
f. Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas.
g. Repair concrete, masonry, roof, fencing, when required.
h. Assist Exterminator when required.
8. Participate in an on-call schedule for evening, weekend, holiday and emergency coverage.
9. Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting is maintained.
10. Adhere to and stay current on all applicable building codes.
11. Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cut-offs, all apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs and post map of same. Operates within OSHA standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
12. Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers’ recommendations and operating manuals.
13. Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents, contractors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
$1,500 sign on bonus paid after 90 days of employment!
HVAC certification in Louisiana required
- 3 or more year’s full-time maintenance experience or experience in related field.
- Residential Property maintenance experience preferred.
- Formal training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical
- work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air-conditioning.
- Any specific skill required by the property.
- Willingness to assist with and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance; such as janitorial, custodial, gardening, painting, etc.
- Boiler license, when required by property facilities.
- Familiarity with contract work hours and OSHA Standards is required.
Required Education/Training: List education &/or training required to perform the job
- High School degree or equivalent trade-related courses required.
- Any college or advanced technical training is preferred.
- Any specific certifications required by the property.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required
- Mechanical/Trade skills and abilities as listed in required experience.
- Ability to work with co-workers and residents professionally in a demanding environment.
- Must have ability to work safely and follow safety directives.
- Requires the ability to read, speak and comprehend work instructions and safety notices in the English language.
- Work conditions will vary from clean rental units to extremely dirty jobs such as plumbing repair and grounds work
- Will be exposed to cleaning solvents, paint fumes, dust, sharp objects and live electrical wiring.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, holiday and on-call hours when required.
Rewards & Benefits
$1,500 sign on bonus paid after 90 days of employment!
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.
• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.
• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!