Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Account Manager is responsible for the oversight of the accounts involving basic accounting and bookkeeping principles. Primary functions include meeting or exceeding delinquency goals and financial performance while providing the highest level of customer service.
1. Reconciliation of monthly operating bank statements
2. Prepare and post Journal entries
3. Research & correct bank discrepancies
4. Process Resident Security Deposit Letters and Refunds
5. Compile financial report packages for monthly mailings
6. Obtain quarterly bank ratings from financial institutions
7. Assist other team members when needed
8. Process requisitions, payments, receipts and other necessary accounting activities, which may include accounts payable and receivable
9. Answer general questions and requests
Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Professional, motivated, highly organized and able to work well alone or with a team
Able to follow instructions and be adept at general office skills such as typing and filing
Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word required
High School grad or equivalent - college degree preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Ability to effectively manage and delegate numerous tasks in a short period of time.
Proven proficiency in all areas of resident accounting.
Strong organizational, analytical, financial and decision-making skills.
Excellent communication, management and customer service skills.
Strong competency with email and internet usage, as well as word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Experience with Property Solutions Entrata a plus.
Majority of working hours will be spent inside an office. Exposure to adverse weather conditions such as rain, sleet, snow, and extreme high or low temperatures may be required to complete such duties as marketing the property, meeting with University officials or vendors, giving tours of the model and community amenities to prospects or during the turn over period.
Blackout periods for vacation days may be enforced during high-volume times of year for turnover, approximately July 15 - September 15 dependent upon specific market needs and conditions.
Travel outside of the local market to attend company and/or industry meetings or conferences will be minimal. Notification will be provided as far in advance as possible in order for personal arrangements to be made.
Rewards & Benefits
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.
• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.
• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!