Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) serves as the first line of customer service for residents and guests. He/She provides information, resolves any emerging problems, and answers questions with accuracy and efficiency. The goal is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction. The CSR remains current on and compliant with policies and laws affecting operations of the property, including the Landlord Tenant code, Fair Housing laws, and other applicable laws. The CSR performs a variety of administrative and office support activities. The CSR will carry out assigned duties in an effective and efficient manner and, in addition to the duties described herein, will also perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
1. Provide excellent customer service at all times.
2. Receive and respond to a high volume of inquiries from residents, vendors, team members, and guests.
3. Use various means of communication to interact with residents and handle customer service issues.
4. Answer all phone calls promptly and professionally.
5. Identify and assess resident needs to achieve satisfaction.
6. Confirm and schedule appointments as necessary.
7. Receive and enter resident service requests in the company database, and relay information to or from work crews and supervisors.
8. Be familiar and have a good working knowledge of company policies, products, and services to better serve residents.
9. Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries.
10. Ensure complete and accurate capture, data entry, and maintenance of resident information.
11. Maintain records of resident interactions, details of inquiries, comments, complaints, and actions taken.
12. Alert managers/supervisors quickly to significant resident issues and concerns.
13. Effectively communicate issues, problems, ideas, concerns and information on work progress verbally and in writing.
14. Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information for responding to requests.
15. Compile and generate reports.
16. Copy, sort, and file records.
1. Minimum 1 year administrative experience.
2. Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs and the on-site rental system as applicable to job responsibilities.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
3. All specific certifications required by law.
4. Must pass drug test screening.
5. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and training provided by MMS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Action and results-oriented.
2. Resourceful, creative, decisive.
3. Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
4. Excellent organization skills.
5. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
7. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
8. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
9. Ability to prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful completion
10. Ability to follow directives and work with minimum supervision.
11. Must possess the ability to problem solve and prioritize.
12. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, residents, guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
13. Ability to maintain professional demeanor while handling complaints and difficult situations.
14. Maintain a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
15. Possess a strong attention to detail, positive work ethic, and team player mentality.
1. Must be able to work 40 hours per week to include evenings. Occasional overtime hours may be required.
2. Requires routine sitting and walking.
3. Must be able and eligible to drive a company vehicle.
Rewards & Benefits
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.
• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.
• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!