Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Assistant Facility Director will report directly to the Facility Director and is responsible for the supervision and direction of all personnel assigned to him/her. The Assistant Facility Director will ensure the property is maintained at all times in good physical condition within the area assigned to him/her. He/She will ensure maintenance logs and records are properly maintained. He/She will oversee the timeliness of work orders being performed by all Maintenance Technicians and will work closely with the Maintenance Supervisors. He/She will follow up on outstanding work orders to determine how to appropriately complete the work orders. The Assistant Facility Director will follow up on resident issues stemming from work being performed in their homes. He/She will immediately report any accidents or emergency situations to the Facility Director and will prepare the proper documentation of any such event. He/She will monitor the turn process and work closely with the Turn Supervisor to ensure homes are being turned on time, and to a high-quality standard. He/She will monitor employee overtime, review outstanding purchase orders, and will assist with obtaining bids and new contractors. The Assistant Facility Director will work with the Facility Director in accordance to policy and procedures in hiring and terminating employees. He/She will make recommendations for advancement and/or salary increases for employees under his/her direct supervision, counsel staff members and take appropriate disciplinary action where warranted. He/She will adhere to all personnel directives. He/She will perform all other duties as assigned by Facility Director.
1. Run monthly reports to ensure that work orders, purchase orders, and inspections are processed in a timely manner.
2. Will ensure that maintenance logs and records are properly maintained.
3. Good knowledge and skills in maintenance repair trades.
4. Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and applicable regulations including, but not limited to EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerant.
5. Must be aware of the condition throughout the property and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes and broken/burned out exterior lights.
6. Ensure preventative maintenance inspections are being conducted
7. Report any maintenance or resident related concerns to manager and/or supervisor in a timely manner.
8. Attend and participate in training seminars as requested. Be aware and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
9. Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents, contractors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. 5 years’ General Maintenance/Construction experience
2. 1 year Supervisory experience.
3. HVAC certification preferred.
4. Strong administrative background.
5. Proven knowledge and application of codes, laws, and regulations.
6. Must be able to pass background investigation and drug test screening.
1. High School Diploma at a minimum with preference to applicant with College, Community College and or Trade School Certification.
2. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
3. All specific certifications required by law.
4. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and training provided by MMS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
2. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
3. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful completion.
4. Exercise problem-solving skills.
5. Interact with co-workers, supervisor, vendors, residents, guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
6. Computer Skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite, Property Management Software and provide daily email communication with others.
7. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills working with both residents and staff.
8. Demonstrate a professional attitude in every aspect of his/her work, a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
1. Must be able to work 40 hours per week to include evenings, weekends and holidays if required for emergency, on-call or scheduled shifts. Overtime hours may be required.
2. Must be able and eligible to drive a company vehicle for completing resident service requests, picking up replacement parts and supplies from warehouses and vendors, and inspecting grounds.