Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Community Assistant is a multifaceted position. Community Assistants will assist with day-to-day operations, leasing and maintaining facilities. Provide scheduled educational programs to build an inclusive, living-learning environment for the apartment community. Community Assistants will be an integral part of maintaining communities that build lifelong memories and lift lives for residents. This position will work to assist residents in reaching their academic and personal goals. A Community Assistant will work to help residents and the community alike by providing local, communal, and university expertise. Through their role their mission will be to work to establish, maintain, and provide an inclusive environment for residents to thrive.
1. Providing support to reach personal and educational goals to residents
2. Lease and market apartments
3. Work with management to create and maintain a resident community that is conducive to living-learning by maintaining student success programming by planning events that are within budget
4. Assist with move-in and move-in preparations through administrative, operations, and maintenance.
5. Assist with basic maintenance tasks and respond to lock outs after hours (if required)
6. Assist in preventative maintenance as set forth by the management team
7. Maintain all required documentation within property management software and report any issues to Resident Director or Community Manager
8. Provide a positive peer mentor relationship with residents and create a community environment
9. Maintain a confidential relationship between employees and residents
10. Assist with social media and documentation of community programs
11. Work with the RD to maintain proper records for all resident’s student status.
12. Assist with move-out and move-out preparations through administrative, operations, and maintenance.
Demonstrates strong leadership skills and social skills to provide an inclusive environment for students
Knowledge of University functions and knowledge of community activity
Minimum of one year enrolled in a University or College Program
Required Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrate commitment to diversity and social justice.
Demonstrate exceptional customer service and resident relation skills
Demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills.
Demonstrates commitment to furthering educational and social opportunities related to residence life.
Commitment to responsibilities and conducive in a team environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills