Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
Responsible for the review and corrections of tenant ledgers to ensure accuracy of billing for a specific portfolio of properties. Responsible for the monthly submission of the HAP billing for said portfolio and all relevant duties related to this process including reconciliation of the billing submissions. Act as support staff for the field office staff.
1. Assist with questions from the field office staff. Assist with data entry issues, and HUD procedural questions.
2. Responsible for transmitting TRACS for the properties in their portfolio monthly.
3. Track completion of signature requirements concerning Gross Rent HUD-50059’s.
4. Assist Site Staff with various aspects of their duties with regard to Tenant scheduled billing and accurate account of resident ledgers.
A. Explain tenant balances to managers that are not proficient with reading ledgers.
5. Review all HUD-50059 certifications for accuracy of billing in software.
6. Reconcile several general accounts regularly (114400, 114401, 114402, 114500 and 114600).
7. Process monthly HAP billings (vouchers) – takes approximately 5-7 days per month.
a. Handle the return of utility reimbursement checks from the sites. Return these to HUD on vouchers, when applicable.
8. Reconcile voucher submissions monthly. Post and distribute HAP payments received via wire transmission. Create bank deposits for said HAP payments.
9. Responsible for responding to any TRACS errors generated.
10. Responsible to maintain minimum 90% TRACS compliance percentage.
11. Responsible for responding to Contract Administrator questions/requests concerning voucher/tenant data.
12. Open/sort/organize daily mail.
Minimum of two years experience in a similar position.
A background in the banking or similar industry is highly desirable.
Prior Affordable Housing experience as well as knowledge of Affordable Housing Programs is a plus.
High School Diploma required.
COS and Tax Credit certifications beneficial not required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work well with others; excellent listening skills.
Excellent mathematical and organizational skills
Ability to maintain good relationships with field staff.
Good time management skills.
Basic accounting knowledge.
Standard office conditions- additional hours beyond 35 hour work week may be required. Some travel to properties may be required.