Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
Responsibilities include providing daily, weekly and monthly reports to the Community Manager with regards to the progress of temporary relocating current resident from their homes to facilitate that have been rehabbed.
Planning and scheduling moving dates, delivering notices to residents that contain pertinent information regarding the temporary relocation, will work closely with third party moving companies, and will work closely with the construction company.
1. With the guidance and approval of the Community Manager, the Relocation Specialist will be the front-line employee to assist current residents with regards to the temporary relocation transfers of residents living at the property from their permanent home to a temporary stay while their permanent home is being remodeled.
2. With the guidance and approval of the Community Manager, will make timely decisions required to provide a seamless relocation for the transferee and their family.
3. Documents all key correspondence and communication with the transferee and all partners, which may include the Management Company, developer, general contractor and HUD.
4. Coordinates with all departments to ensure successful transfer.
5. Provides residents with status updates, keeping them abreast of issues and solutions that arise so they are always knowledgeable ordinates with all departments to ensure successful transfer.
6. Provides residents with status updates, keeping them abreast of issues and solutions that arise so they are always knowledgeable.
7. With the guidance and approval of the Community Manager, the Relocation Specialist will support the Assistant Community Manager and Office Manager in assigned areas of responsibility such as relocation activities, resolution of conflicts, responding to complaints, investigating and initiating appropriate action, preparation of written reports and documentation, and maintaining records as prescribed.
8. Other duties that may arise.
Community liaison experience
Lease up experience (a plus)
High school diploma or equivalent
One or more years’ experience with residential real estate management
Tax Credit and/or public housing experience preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to multi-task with time constraints
Excellent communication skills with attention to details
Proficient with computers
Primarily an office environment, but will need the ability to meet residents in their units, show units to potential residents, walk around to inspect the property, often in a multi-story facility including climbing stairs.
May work around cleaning solvents, paint fumes and landscaping chemicals
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend when required.