Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Maintenance Supervisor will report directly to the Facility Director and is responsible for the supervision and direction of all personnel assigned to him/her. The Maintenance Supervisor will ensure the property is maintained at all times in good physical condition within the area assigned to him/her. He/she will oversee the timeliness of work orders being performed by members under his/her direct supervision. The Maintenance Supervisor will follow up on resident issues stemming from work being performed. He/she will immediately report any accidents or emergency situations to the Facility Director and will prepare the proper documentation of any such event. He/she will work to establish schedules and assign personnel for routine, deferred and emergency maintenance and will continually inspect the property and improvements. He/she will oversee and approve any overtime as necessitated by work load. The Maintenance Supervisor will work with the Facility Director in accordance to policy and procedures in hiring and disciplining employees. He/she will make recommendations for advancement and/or salary increases for employees under his/her direct supervision, counsel staff members and take appropriate disciplinary action where warranted. He/she will adhere to all personnel directives. He/she will perform all other duties as assigned by Facility Director. He/she will conduct on the job training across all maintenance related trades. He/she will perform work audits to ensure employees are performing assigned tasks according to prescribed training. He/she will provide follow up training as necessary.
1. Preferred certification in HVAC(AC) repair and recovery
2. Excellent all around carpentry, electrical and plumbing skills
3. Good knowledge and skills in landscape maintenance and machinery operation
4. Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and applicable regulations.
5. Completes routine inspection to ensure safe conditions exist.
6. Complete accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, and work orders.
7. Report any maintenance or resident related concerns to manager and/or supervisor in a timely manner.
8. Attend and participate in training seminars as requested. Be aware and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
9. Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents, contractors and team members.
10. Excellent training and special projects skills required. Ability to conduct on the job training.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. HVAC certification preferred
2. Preferred one years experience or training in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air-conditioning.
3. Must be able to pass background investigation and drug test screening.
4. Training experience in the above listed trades. Exp., as a trainer in the trades a plus.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
3. All specific certifications required by law.
4. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and training provided by MMS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
2. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
3. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful completion.
4. Exercise problem-solving skills.
5. Interact with co-workers, supervisor, vendors, residents, guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
6. Computer Skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite, Computerized Reporting System and provide daily email communication with others.
7. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills working with both residents and staff.
8. Demonstrate a professional attitude in every aspect of his/her work, a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
1. Must be able to work 40 hours per week to include evenings, weekends and holidays if required for emergency, on-call or scheduled shifts. Overtime hours may be required.
2. Must be able and eligible to drive a company vehicle for completing resident service requests, picking up replacement parts and supplies from warehouses and vendors, and inspecting grounds.