Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for supporting the financial team in completing accounting processes and cycles.
• Responsible to perform work necessary to insure accounts payable are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, approval, general ledger account number and amount prior to payment
• Process check requests
• Review and audit electronic expense reports
• Administer and distribute various invoices and gather approvals from managers
• Match invoices to checks with remittances, stuff checks and mail out
• Maintain vendor records
• Prepare and Process Weekly Payments (checks, wires, ACH and Credit Card)
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Communicating with Utility companies and other vendors.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Time Management skills and must be well organized
• Other general accounting tasks and projects as assigned
2 to 3 years current and related Accounts Payable or Accounting experience required.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Some post-secondary education in Accounting preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of an Accounting team.
• Strong accounting aptitude.
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong independent problem solving skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office environment.
• Ability to be productive with assigned accounting tasks.
• Ability to be an effective team player.
Primarily an Office environment, must be able to work evenings when required to meet deadlines.