Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Resident Specialist, pre-leases/leases homes. The Resident Specialist will assist in ensuring that the needs of the inbound family are met with professionalism and courtesy. He/she will also act as the immediate customer service representative, while introducing the family to the community and creating a positive resident and property management relationship.
1. The Resident Specialist (RS) is primarily responsible for contacting applicants and maintaining the waitlist(s). He/she will coordinate with the Partner to ensure that all persons added to the waitlist are held within their respective entitlements. The RS will contact the families by phone or email to ensure that they are aware of their position on the waitlist and will answer any questions concerning housing availability. To enhance the move in experience, the RS should be available to answer any questions that the resident may have concerning the property and should be competent in showcasing the amenities of the potential unit and property to encourage living within the community.
2. The Resident Specialist is responsible for marketing homes to the incoming families. The RS should become familiar with the various floorplans and be educated on the amenities and specialties of the respective property.
3. The Resident Specialist must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. The Resident Specialist is required to process and complete all move-in packages prior to the move-in date. Under the supervision of the Assistant Community Manager, ensure all paperwork is accurate and complete. In the event that the inbound family is unable to pre-lease, will maintain communication with the potential resident and ensure that they are educated on the leasing process upon move in.
5. During the Move in and/or Move out process, the Resident Specialist will be responsible for conducting inspections of the property and report findings to the Assistant Community Manager in an effort to assist with the move out process.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Sales experience and leasing experience a plus.
2. 1-2 years Customer Service experience.
3. General computer skills.
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
3. All specific certifications required by law.
4. Must pass drug test screening.
5. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and training provided by MMS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic.
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
3. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
4. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
5. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
6. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in order to communicate issues, problems, ideas, concerns and information.
8. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful and timely completion.
9. Ability to follow directives and work with minimum supervision.
10. Exercise problem-solving skills.
11. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, residents, guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
12. Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
1. Must be able to work 40 hours per week. Occasional overtime hours may be required.
2. Must be able and eligible to drive a company vehicle for completing resident inspections and visits.