Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
**Sign on bonus of $1,000 payable after a 90-day probationary period.
**Part time, Monday-Thursday, 9AM-2PM
The primary responsibilities of the position involve the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The Porter will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner. Physically walks the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris, cigarette butts, and all other forms of debris. Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
1. Transfers trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area.
Keeps dumpster/compactor doors closed.
2. Performs "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis. Removes all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfers to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
3. Assists with "make-ready" duties when requested by the Community Manager or Maintenance Superintendent.
4. Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
5. Details property on a regular basis specific areas include but are not limited to:
• Management Office
• Laundry room.
• Mail rooms (if applicable).
• Pathways to show units/models
• Stairways and breezeways
• Dumpster areas.
• Recreation areas.
• Grounds adjacent to the road, in front of the office.
• Walkways to and from, and in-between buildings.
• Exterior lighting fixtures
• Parking lots and drives
6. Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
7. Helps clean and maintain storage and shop areas.
8. Performs any additional duties assigned by Maintenance Superintendent and Community Manager.
Experience in the multifamily industry is not required but preferred.
Previous experience in a maintenance, janitorial or porter position preferred.
High school diploma/GED required
Basic proficiency of reading and writing of the English language to understand warning/caution labels and written instructions.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time
Must have exceptional customer service skills
Moderate knowledge of all basic hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, pint rollers/brushes.
Attention to detail of cleaning duties
Will be exposed to dirt, dust and cleaning solvents and chemicals.
Occasional Overtime and/or weekend work may be required to maintain cleaning standards.